Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the opportunity to buy a 67-68 (not sure what year it is) Camaro from a relative. He has owned the car for over 20 years. Here is the run down. It's got an I6 and manual trans, four wheel drums. It's a little rough but it runs and has minimal rust. Its all original except for the cheap,faded paint job. He's been offered $3500 on the street for it, so I figure he's looking to get something close to that for it. I know it's impossible to give an accurate estimate but those of you that know should be able to give me a "guesstimate" on what it's worth? I appologize if this is the wrong forum for this, just looking for some real world numbers before I offer him any money for it.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Seems like the price he was offered is pretty accurate. If the body needs very little to restore (just new paint, no metal replacement or rust repair) I would say it is worth every penny of $3,500 or possibly $4,000.

This all depends on what you want to do with the car- are you going to cut it up and turn it into a drag car or turn it into a cruiser/ driver?

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Ask him/her what they will sell it to "you" for. If you plan to keep it and restore it or make nice cruiser out of it tell them this. It would be nice to keep it in the family, this way they can enjoy the car all over again by going on the occasional cruise or to a car show with you. If you plan to buy and resell it, do the right thing and don't let money come between you and family. Give them a fair price or what they are asking. If it's more than you can spend move on.

If your keeping it to restore/hotrod, drive and have fun with I am sure they would love to see it as it progesses through it's rebuild. They will also be a great source of old storys and possible pictures. I have seen some cars at shows that have been passed down and had a photo album of the old owners with the car on vacation at the drag strip and teaching kids how to drive. To me this makes looking at car at show very intresting. You just don't see a nice car you see it as it has lived it's life with its owner/owners. Kinda cool if you ask me. Remeber sentamental value is pricless.

Joe

[This message has been edited by Joe Harrison (edited 09-08-2002).]

·
Registered
23 Posts
i agree with joe harrison ask them what they want because you never know what they will say and then once you do that then maybe i will be reasonable enough. but still 3,500 is a very good price

1 - 5 of 5 Posts