Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine bought a used dash pad that is supposedly out of a '68 Camaro. It looks like a 68 pad, except that it has a 1-1/4" indentation for a guage cluster panel running about half of it's length. I can't think of any other model that used a similar pad as a 68 (except Firebird). It measures the same as a 68, and has the verticle downward arms with steel pins for attachment. The date stamp isn't real clear, either 68 or 69. Any ideas what this could be out of?

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Hey, have any of you ever seen a 69 Firebird glove box door?? They are identical to the 67-68 Camaro but the have 3 "cup holder" circles instead of 2...a long time ago I saw one at a swap meet and the guy selling it said it was an extremely rare glove box door for a 67-68 Camaro with BENCH SEAT! heehe..you know, the 3rd cup holder for the babe on the hump!

[ 03-20-2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: 1967 Panther ]

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info., gents.
I haven't even seen a 69 'bird in years; car show, cruise in, or elsewhere. I wonder why they kept the 68 style dash instead of going to the 69 Camaro design. Maybe they had a bunch of 68 parts left over, and wanted to use them up.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
All they did for the 69 Firebird dash was to take a die grinder to the cluster area and cut a big piece out of a 68 dash..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts