Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team,

OK I am going to get rid of the original M/C because of the lack of maintenance on it. I would like to move to power brakes. What should I get? I see so much stuff out there. Right now I have 4 wheel drum. I am planning to put on front disk twords the end of the year.

Should I get a whole kit that cones with everything I need? I am not turning it into a 700HP beast! I just want a safer car to drive.

Thanks
-Brian

·
Premium Member
3,731 Posts
Should I get a whole kit that cones with everything I need?
Yes. And go all four its not that much more.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Any one out there that i should deal with for an easy bolt on kit? This is my first car rebuild, and I need it as easy as possible!

·
11,350 Posts
Well, all the catalogs carry pretty much the same stuff, just cosmetically dif. I got my booster from right stuff and the repro US MC from Belair Bobs I think. But the west coast places should carry the same parts.

What to buy depends on whether you are going with the front discs or not. If you are keeping the drums and your brake lines are in good shape, you could get away with just a booster and MC. You will need to bend the existing lines to reach new MC location. You will need to shave off some length from the MC rod (do a search), common repro issue with the rods a little too long. You will need to remove your pedal spring, relocate the booster rod to the lower hole (make sure you have one) and adjust your brake light switch. and re-bleed of course.

If you are going to disc, then there is more work involved :) This has been discussed a LOT and there are some good threads with pics here.

·
Registered
522 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info...... Customer Service and free shipping means a lot to me.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts