Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I recently replaced the rear springs in my 98 Camaro to eliminate the creaking sounds ive been hearing since I bought it from the last owner. The creaking still continues and annoys the hell out of me everyday I drive it to work! Im not too familiar with these kinds of suspension components, but they look fairly easy to replace. I had my mechanic take a good look at it and I was told I needed to replace the left and right trailing bars, the lateral arms, the sway bar bushings along with the left and right links.

I don't just want to buy basic, mediocre replacements parts, I want to upgrade! Any suggestions on good sites and/links that can provide me this?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
So I recently replaced the rear springs in my 98 Camaro to eliminate the creaking sounds ive been hearing since I bought it from the last owner. The creaking still continues and annoys the hell out of me everyday I drive it to work! Im not too familiar with these kinds of suspension components, but they look fairly easy to replace. I had my mechanic take a good look at it and I was told I needed to replace the left and right trailing bars, the lateral arms, the sway bar bushings along with the left and right links.

I don't just want to buy basic, mediocre replacements parts, I want to upgrade! Any suggestions on good sites and/links that can provide me this?
Get a second opinion on that one brother. My 93 Z28 squeaked for a short time too. All it needed was a little lube in the rubber bushings.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts