Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to determine if the upper and lower grill moldings have been painted red on my 67. It's a standard grill even though the emblems says RS. Or is it some molding that should be attached on top of the red metal?
I have the headlamp bezels and they fits well with the red plate/molding...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Scott,

Because my english is not the best I have to apologize for asking again.

So the incorrectly red moldings are the correct ones that has been painted red?
Will the grill will be correct if I order new upper and lower grill moldings?
The reason for asking is if the red things are some sheetmetal that should be there and that the moldings should be attached on top of them.
Sorry, but with headlight bucket do you mean the space behind the lamps? And that it is incorrectly painted red? If so, what color is correct?
I am aware of that the grill is not fastened correctly. That will be taken care of during the swedish winter...

At least the bumper brackets are black :) so something seems to be correct.

Rgds/Mikael

·
Registered
64 Posts
That is not a rally sport grill or headlight assemblies.the parking lights would be in the lower valance and the headlamps would be set back farther in the fenders with doors that open and close over them.The center grill section is also different on rally sport

·
Registered
8,120 Posts
That is not a rally sport grill or headlight assemblies.
He said it was a standard grill.

Mikael, What is on your trim tag? Is your car a real RS and do you want to convert it back to one? The metal pieces(aluminum) that are on your grill are the moldings, new moldings do not go over them. You can restore your existing moldings or buy new. The original aluminum moldings were anodized and the centers painted black. Your headlight buckets should be black.
Your writing skills exceed that of most Americans.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mikael, What is on your trim tag?

Bad picture. This is what it say:
09B H017
ST 67-12637 LOS 377 BODY
TR 797-Z T-T PAINT
W 2M
5Y

Is your car a real RS and do you want to convert it back to one?
No. The RS emblems is incorrect. It's a base coupe. I want to restore to as it was sold.

Your writing skills exceed that of most Americans.
Thx :)
I think I can handle quite ok with english, but there are a lot of technical words that are hard to translate and easy to misunderstand...

By the way. I have a homepage where I have tried to document the car with pictures and info of how it was sold. The link is in my signature.

Rgds/Mikael

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since my can is not original this might be the wrong part of the forum to post this question. Can a moderator move this thread if needed.
Rgds/Mikael

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
Mikael:
You did an excellent job on your homepage! Good luck with your Camaro build.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The grille is painted matte black. I guess it looks better than before.... The RS emblems has been removed as well...

·
Premium Member
1,503 Posts
Yes that looks MUCH better. Good job!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts