Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, I've just finished the assembly of the front end on my 68, I used replacement upper balljoints from Ricks, I went to grease them today and grease came out of the top side edges, see pic below, I torqued them to spec, and it seems like no grease is getting into the rubber boot, it just comes out the top between the A frame and the balljoint flange, what gives? is this normal?
Help,
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Did you put the boot on after the ball joint? It goes on the ball joint before you slide it through the hole in the upper A-arm. Reassemble with the boot on the top side.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm It came with the boot installed, I just bolted it up to the upper control arm.. I'm starting to think I got junk parts, as I just went to torque the upper bushing end bolts and one snapped off at less then 20 ftlbs, these were new from Ricks, now I'm screwed and will have to remove the upper arm, perhaps I'll remove both and buy new Moog upper ball joints and send this garbage back to Ricks.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I got the boots to fill with grease but it took a tons of wasted grease coming out all around the edge where my finger is pointing and almost 360 degrees. the ball joints are from Ricks and I noticed that one of the 4 nut's/bolts on one side would not torque to 25 ftlbs, it started to strip, I planned on replacing it tomorrow, now it looks I'll be buying two new upper ball joints, and an upper A arm shaft and new bolts for it, does Moog carry the shafts? this sucks I was planning on bleeding brakes this weekend and putting on the fenders and going to the alignment shop, now it looks like I'm tearing off the dam front end again.. arggggg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts