Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my front suspension completely disassembled, and will be putting it together soon. I decided to do some powder coating so did the caliper brackets, dust shields and coil springs in red :yes:

I was looking at another 69 over the weekend, and noticed that the bolt where you would place the shims are different than the bolts on my upper arms in that both of the bolts on this other car stuck out about 2" past the upper bar allowing plenty of room for shims.
My bolts are 2 different lengths...the front one being longer than the rear. My rear bolt I doubt you could get any shims on at all. I know I mentioned this a year or so ago, but I'm bringing it up again now as I'm getting ready to screw it all back together and only want to do it once :eek:

So which is correct? Both of my bolts have the press-in locking just under the head of the bolt, and they looked original, but that doesn't mean much.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Someone probably cut the rear bolt to make clearance for headers. I had to do this on my car. Now I cant get negative camber since theres not enough room for shims and Im looking into getting adjustable a-arms. However it would take a big stack of shims to get negative camber on a stock suspension.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts