Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i sent my control arms to the shop to have the ball joints and bushings pressed out. one of my control arm shafts has some damage. it has some deep grooves sliced in it where the round part sits in the bushing. im not sure if the guy at the shop screwed it up taking out the bushings or if its just some wear from the bushings being shot.

either way.. i need to replace it/them now. whats everyone else doing now with them? i searched around and see that there are different types now.

any ideas on whats the best route to go? find an original one or updgrade to some new fangled aftermarket ones? im not going to change the upper or lower control arm. im just interested in the shafts at this point.

thanks

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I think the moog ones will have the large nut on the end, ont the bolt, like our cars.
I needed an offset upper control arm
I bought the one with the large nut.
I cut off the threaded area, and tapped the center of the arm for the 3/8 bolt. Looks origional now

·
Registered
43 Posts
i sent my control arms to the shop to have the ball joints and bushings pressed out. one of my control arm shafts has some damage. it has some deep grooves sliced in it where the round part sits in the bushing. im not sure if the guy at the shop screwed it up taking out the bushings or if its just some wear from the bushings being shot.

either way.. i need to replace it/them now. whats everyone else doing now with them? i searched around and see that there are different types now.

any ideas on whats the best route to go? find an original one or updgrade to some new fangled aftermarket ones? im not going to change the upper or lower control arm. im just interested in the shafts at this point.

thanks
I had to replace the UCA on my 67 due to rust. The one I got still had the cross shaft in it and it's good. If I can find it, you pay for the ride it's yours if you still need it. I'll look tonight to see if I still have it. Pete

1 - 6 of 6 Posts