Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a volt meter on the pink distrib wire and turned on the key. I didn't get any voltage, then when I cranked it over I got 12v.

------------------
obnoxious 67 camaro under construction. TH350/383 stroker w/ aluminum Edlebroc RPM heads,cam, and carb. Guldstrand mod, Hotchkis 600lbs springs. Next Hotchkis swaybar and disc brakes.This is a "Daily Driver" that still needs A LOT of work.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if it is. How do you check it?

------------------
obnoxious 67 camaro under construction. TH350/383 stroker w/ aluminum Edlebroc RPM heads,cam, and carb. Guldstrand mod, Hotchkis 600lbs springs. Next Hotchkis swaybar and disc brakes.This is a "Daily Driver" that still needs A LOT of work.

·
10,164 Posts
Could be a bad ign switch. Try testing with the pink wire disconnected from the distributor so there is no load on it.
If you don't have power when the lead is disconnected from the distributor, it's either the ign switch or the ign side of the fuse box is not getting power.
With ign on, check the fuse box where it says IGN, there is a plug in socket there near the bottom of the block.

Also check the small positive lead from the battery cable on the positive side it goes to a junction block on the radiator support near the battery then to the horn relay. There are fuseable links spliced in there than can burn out and prevent power from going to the ign switch. The horn relay junction is a main power feed to the fuse box.
You can run a jumper directly from bat + to the distributor to get the car running enough to get it home.
David

------------------
Check my web page for First Gen Camaro suspension info:
David's Motorsports page
First Gen Suspension Page
67 RS 327 original owner. 69 Camaro Vintage Racer, 65 Lola T-70 Chev SB Can-Am Vintage Racer

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.