Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone evidently pee'd a whole lot in my buddys 2000 dodge dakota and the check engine light comes off and on the car spudders no power off the line and misfires. I told him why was he still driving it. So the simple fix for this would to drain his tank, he just filled it up with octane booster...so my idea is this. Unplug the fuel line under the hood and just pull the piss out there. Its heavier than fuel and sits at the bottom so I am thinking just drain it for a good bit via there and give it a shot.

Anybody else have any other things to add?

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
thats the funniest thing ive heard of!!!!! poor beer in your tank that will kill the pee!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
im just wondering how do you know somebody pee'd in the tank??

·
Retired
26,615 Posts
How much pee could have possibly been put in the tank? Get some sta-bil or other fuel stabilizer that breaks down water and allows it to burn...

·
Registered
13,326 Posts
There would be between 1 and 3 cup fulls depending how pissed the guy was
Like you say disconnect and pump out about 1 L

Some yrs back in one of our cars got water contaminared petrol, drained as above on a level surface, added about 1 L of methylated spirits, topped up the tank to about 1/2 full, and drove over the winding hills over the back of town..about 20 miles.
All came right after about 3 or 4 miles, then filled up on the way home...

Think yourself lucky they didnt throw a hand full of pillow down in....that is hard to detect and a bitch to clean out.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
im just wondering how do you know somebody pee'd in the tank??
Maybe the exhaust smells like pee'd on campfire. There's something you only do once!

I second the dry gas additive. It might be hard to find in California during the summer, but back east in the winter it's very common.

Fuel stabilizer does not mix with the water the way dry gas does. Dry gas is also known as gas line antifreeze. It's water based and mixes with the water and makes it combustable.

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
I wonder how he managed to hold in the little flap and pee at the same time. Funnel maybe?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know this because the entire damn gas cap smells like piss! Later found out his cousin pissed in his tank twice at a party so now here I am. Right now his truck wont even start so like I said the line is just charged with piss and not fuel. Dry gas you say? I found it online under HEET. Autozone carrys it. The only reason im helping him is because he thinks it was me and no matter how many times I tell him it wasnt me he still stays a little prick lol. Besides he gave me a ride to work a few times, so I do owe him in a sense.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
HEET is good stuff. It's hard to find here in the south but up north it is very common. I think it's primarily methyl or ethyl alchohol which mixes with water and gas. I'd pump some piss out and put in a can of HEET if you can find it.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HEET is good stuff. It's hard to find here in the south but up north it is very common. I think it's primarily methyl or ethyl alchohol which mixes with water and gas. I'd pump some piss out and put in a can of HEET if you can find it.
They have HEET here like a mother. I couldnt do it today he decided to drive it around with the car dying off the line the entire day...his call. Another question would the fuel filter just keep all the water?

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
top it off with good gas and drive it.

·
Registered
480 Posts
as long as the engine continues to run, even roughly,, run it. and as was suggested,, keep refilling the tank with fresh fuel. it WILL finally clear itself up. that's the good-thing about modern-day fuel injected systems. as long as they can produce and maintain enough correct pressure to pop the injectors,, the ignition system has already been compensated to make whatever is in the cylinder,, burn. (as long as somewhat combustibility is present)..

I'm hoping this is a sincere thread, and not another college-prank like the exotic Camaro which was being sold on E-bay and drawn-and-quartered in "what's it worth" recently.
:boring:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I was wondering why the fellow would diss a car like that. :beers: Maybe he was a chevy man. In any case the feul line water remover call it water remover, deicer, propaline glycol or heat etc. They work great. Up in the cold we used to use it for condensation in tanks that would freeze in the cold. Let the car set for an hour of two and it would restart & run. It wil work it's way down the feul line. I hear the gas has corn squeezens in it now so it keeps the tank moisture free.

·
10,144 Posts
water will swell up the paper in the fuel filter, restricting flow, so flush first, then replace it now and again in a few months.
David

·
Premium Member
1,677 Posts
Man, how much beer was his cousin drinking? How much pee does it take to screw up a tank of gas?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts