Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to swap my 68' Camaro's 400 small block out in favor of a new gm crate..... I was wondering how much to ask for the 400. I am planning on pulling it with everything attached, carb, intake, ps, alt., water pump, air cleaner, distributor, and manifolds. The motor runs great (no rattles, knocks,or smoke), however, it was rebuilt several years ago. I have someone interested in it, but, I'm not sure how much to ask. Any ideas??? The motor was originally from a 71' Caprice.

·
Registered
601 Posts
what motor are you buying? you got to buy all stuff plus serpintine belt. and all accessories for it to match. i bought a zz4 motor for my 67 camaro and change water pump to old style it fit besides grinding heads on 2 bolts for water pump to fit. all pulleys did fine on aligning up than. but going to serpintine belt you need all acc. before selling complete with all put motor in and buy whats needed may smack yourself in head later on.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am considering the new GM 350/290hp or the GM 350/330hp from Jegs. They offer installation kits and a complete line of extras and I like having a warranty. I wanted to install it with all new parts. I am looking on Ebay, but, I think I'll stay with a business like Jegs or Summit Racing. Thanks for the info.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts