Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I can't sell my Fenton Mag's. The sizes are 15x10 with 3'' backspacing, and 14x7 with 4''bs i believe.

I know those rears are gonna poke out a lot, and it doesnt help that i have a rear end from a 71 Camaro.

But since those are the only 15'' wheels I have, maybe i should just slap on a set of 295/50-15's for fun? I can use my current 14'' front tires 225/60-14.

I just want to know if this would be too outrageous and asking for trouble. I really want the retro look. (swapping 4 speed and a solid cam in also) I'm 18 and i wanna live back in the 60's!!!

Thanks!
Adam

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Heck, my 14" x 7" and 14"x 9" Fentons Slotted Mag's, (both with 3.5" B/S), are up on my top shelf with mounted E/60's and L/60's!!!

I ran them for a long time, but I ran coil-overs on the rear raised up about 3" to 4" so they would clear my wheel well chrome in the back..

And my L/60's measured a true 298/53-14 so were by no stretch a 60 tire!!!

pdq67

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I know they will fit but they will just stick out quite a bit and i dont know if its safe or not, 15x10 with 3.5'' bs and the rear is already an inch wider...

·
Premium Member
22,122 Posts
Back when I was your age... that was a popular look... had one myself, camaro #1, with 15 x 10 reversed cragars and L60's.... took 5" fiberglass flares to cover em, they covered the rusted out fenders, too.

Don't think it's dangerous, but she'll hafta be plenty high to clear em.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Oh, I forgot....

Might be a problem from the Safety Check Inspectors b/c they might stick out so much that they might be considered too prone to throw rocks and you might be sited for not having "mud flaps", and I am not joking....

I think I read that a tire has to be covered "so" much to keep rock throwing to a minimum somewhere???? You might want to check on the "QT"....

pdq67

PS., I think some of the Jeep crowd has had this hassle in the past??????

1 - 5 of 5 Posts