Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I've done a search but I can't find anything specific for an answer on this. Can anyone tell me how to convert a rear shock from a mono-leaf configuration(lower eyelet mounting) to a multi leaf configuration(stud mount)? Can I simply buy the shock mount stud and press them into the lower eyelet on the shock? The reason I ask is that I am swapping out my mono-leaf plates for the DSE plates to gain a bit of clearance at the wheel/shock mount location. I'm doing this so I can add a 1 inch spacer block to lower my ride height a bit(currently have hotchkis springs). I'd rather not have to buy multi leaf specific shocks if I don't have to as I already have a nice set of Bilsteins with the mono eyelet.

thanks for your help.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
If your shocks have a rubber grommet with a hollow steel spacer, then yes, you can remove the steel spacer and install the stud and mount them up. I did mine the other way around - removed the stud and installed a hollow spacer to work with mono plates. AFAIK, the mono and multi shocks are the same length.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Agreed ^^^ That's how I did mine. The shocks are actually made for Multi's and I had to insert the sleeve to fit the mono's.

You should be fine. However, I found it much easier to find multi shocks to purchase vs. mono's. (sleeve kit)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts