Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Recently I pulled an engine out of a 1984 z-28 camaro and put it in a 1983 berlinetta body. Well now I can't get it to fire. What am I doing wrong and where should I start looking.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When you swapped the engines, did you also change out the computer and chip? Probably still thinks it's a six cylinder.

The Trickster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by trickster:
When you swapped the engines, did you also change out the computer and chip? Probably still thinks it's a six cylinder.

The Trickster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes my brother and I changed out the computer but what chip are you referring to? The ECM chip or is there another one?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by choptop:
Are you sure the motor is getting fuel and fire? Have you tried turning the distributor slightly (changing the timing)while someone else cranks the motor? I think we need more information on exactly what you have tried to be able to help.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Motor has fuel but no spark. Tried new coil but still nothing.Even tried tracing wires but still no luck. HELP.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
I would double check your connections and grounds (harness, block, battery, ECM etc.). Most electrical problems are a result of poor grounds or loose/ incomplete connections.

Have you tested the coil? How about lead to the coil? Try tracing the hot lead until you lose voltage. If you have voltage to the coil but no spark then the coil is bad or the ECM is not functioning properly.

------------------
See my '68 RS/ZZ4 at http://www.100megsfree.com/choptop/camaro.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts