Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have power brakes and a PCV. I just installed a new carb and manifold. Traditionally, I believe the power brake vacuum line goes to the vacuum port on the manifold, while the PCV vacuum line goes to the large vacuum port on the base of the carb. However, for aestetic reasons im considering hooking both up to the manifold vacuum port. Would this cause any problems.

·
Retired
26,951 Posts
Since the PCV is transporting crankcase gases and oil vapor I would think you would want it mixing with the air fuel mixture at the top of the plenum as opposed to into a single runner (where most manifolds are tapped) and being sent to only one piston to be burned off.

·
Registered
955 Posts
DJD hit the nail on the head. The reason for the PCV vacuum source being at the base of the carb is the equal distribution of the internal gases to each cylinder for burn off. Too much oil vapor to one runner could starve the rear cylinders because the pressure of the air mass being sucked into the rear of the manifold would restrict the the amount of air/fuel mixture that gets there. The basic theory is that two masses of approximately equal density can't occupy the same space at the same time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts