Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure someone has an easy fix for this problem. I'm using a edelbrock air gap intake on my 355, using a holley 670 for fuel intake. The vacuum port for the power brakes is located under the rear bowl of the carb and there is not enough room to mount the carb without adding a spacer. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
I am guessing that most will say to add a spacer or dump the power brakes.

The question is: Do you have room for the spacer?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's hard to say if the hood will fit yet. The front end is off for painting. The hood is a factory cowl induction hood. :confused:

·
Registered
980 Posts
Did you buy the low profile fitting from Edelbrock? It worked for me with a 650 double pumper, and Performer RPM. I didn't need to use a spacer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys. I'll try the 1/2" spacer. The fitting is flush with the intake.
By the way, did you lose anything with the spacer, some reports say that torque is lost with the addition of the spacer?

·
Registered
351 Posts
Can't help on the Holley, but my Demon worked fine and the whole thing fit under the stock SS hood (barely) with a 2" filter and drop base air cleaner.

·
Premium Member
7,728 Posts
The Edelbrock low-profile vacuum fitting is a simpler fix; I've used them on many cars.

·
Registered
10,515 Posts
Another simple fix would be to put an allen head pipe plug in the manifold, and use the big vac port from the Holley as the vac source for your brakes. I think it's on the pass side of the Avenger. You coud use a tee in that line to go to your PCV as well. I did that and it worked great.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I just plugged the fitting on the intake and put a Tee on the fitting from the carb. I ran one side of the Tee to the brakes, the other side to the PCV. Worked fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts