Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only 7" of vacuum, so I have a vacuum pump I'm going to try connecting to my canister. I would like to find a small 1/8" npt switch that would turn off my small pump I bought that does not have a shut off. I found a good one but they want a 10 piece minimum order. They are $42 each. Gems Sensors and Controls
I think I need to get a "Normally closed" switch, that runs the pump until it reaches the desired pressure, then opens the circuit.
Anyone know of a cheap sensor/switch I could screw into my canister?
When driving, and I down shift, I have great brakes, so I feel like its just due to my cam (Comp Cams Thumper 295/312 duration and .522/.507 Lift).

Thanks,

Brett.......

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
A Cole Hersee 9253 switch should work for you. Should be able to get it at any Napa store.

·
Registered
6,271 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is the pump I bought. It works great! It pulls 20" of vacuum. Pretty darn quiet as well. I tried looking up the brands suggested and the Cole Hersee looks like it has been discontinued. Didn't find it online at NAPA. The others have so many choices. I don't know if I need a normally open or normally closed, and I need an adjustable one that has a 1/8 NPT. Does anyone have a part number of one they have used?
Thanks,
Brett.....

·
Premium Member
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would say normally closed and it opens when you get full vacuum maybe this will do for you and it does N/O or N/C Adjustable Vacuum Switch Kit 700R4 200-4R 350C Trans 6-22" Superior K058 (99412) | eBay
I saw this one! I got excited, but then I couldn't see how (or if) it threads into my canister. The ideal switch needs 1/8"NPT male threads, and I didn't see that on this unit. I definitely might could work. I did go ahead and buy this one. It is normally closed, so I think I got lucky, Yeah! :hurray:

Brett......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts