Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Brett - Leander, Texas 1969 SS396
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a vacuum pressure switch to try to switch off my vacuum pump. Think I got the wrong range switch. it has 0.1 ~ 1.0MPa adjustment range. Does anyone know the conversion to inches? I can adjust it to shut off, but then it wont come on. I can adjust it to come on, but it won't shut off. I'm thinking to try a different spring in it to change the range. I found a correct range switch, but they want a minimum order of 10 units at $45 per unit. Cant do that. This one was only $20, so if I can't get it to work, I'm not out a lot.

Thanks,
Brett......

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks David. I had seen that one but it did not have a 1/8 NPT. Looks like it is the best switch tho, so I'll just have to attach it via vacuum hose. I can accept that. I found out that 15inhg is .05mpa, and this switch's lowest rating is .1mpa. I purchased the one you suggested.
Thanks again!

Brett.....

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man! I knew there was a reason why they weren't showing the instructions on this switch. This is an electrical only switch. It has to have the valve also, which I don't have, and a solenoid. I just don't get it. I don't understand how the new switch I bought recognizes the vacuum pressure in inches electrically to know when to shut off the pump. I have looked all over the internet and there are no easy specs that say any particular part number pressure sensor is compatible and what I need to use with my new switch that will shut off my pump in between 15-20" hg. I guess I will call the switch manufacturer this morning and ask them what "2 Prong No. Pressure Switch" they show in their instructions.

Brett.....

·
Premium Member
1,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it. I did not realize that the vacuum line plugged into the plastic boss that had the adjustment screw in it. I re-read the instructions and was able to decipher them. It would have been nice if they placed a visual showing the hose connecting to that port, which I didn't know was a port. It now shuts off a 15" and turns back on at 14". I will try it there and see how it works.

Brett......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts