Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Reluctantly I may be in a position to have to sell my car and am wondering what a realistic price might be.

My car is a frame-off restored 68' SS 350. The motor is the original "born with" motor and the rear is the original as well. The trans, 4 speed Muncie, is numbers correct but has no VIN or date stamp. Car does not have any docs or protecto-plate.

The car retains the original (restored) distributor, booster, carb, exhaust manifolds, smog pump, alternator, air cleaner and intake. All were graciously verified correct several years ago by Kurt S. Steering wheel and horns are date code and part number correct but not original (at least 1 horn anyway).

Also It is relatively low optioned meaning no fold down seat, AC or power windows. The radiator is the correct 2 core with correct code but not date correct. Wheels are correct reproduction but I do have 3 correct stamped wheels. Interior is standard.

The body and paint are absolutely beautiful with no chips. Color is the correct Seafrost Green. I am very picky in this area. The car retains all original metal (quarters, floors, trunk, etc) as there was no rust when purchased from California. Car could be considered a trailer queen and it was restored to be as close to original as possible.

I pray that I do not have to let it go but if I need to I would like to know a good place to start. Haven't seen to many 68 SS 350's that are comparable that have sold recently to know.

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I know nobody likes NADA prices, but that's what my bank goes by to determine loan value. NADA says $51K. I'm sure most will think this is insane, mainly because 68's just don't get the respect they deserve. Since there were nearly 8,000 less 68 SS350's produced than 69 Z28's, I just don't understand the huge difference in values. This is just an opinion and yes I am prejudice towards 68's. I hope everything works out for you to keep such a fine specimen of that era. Can you please post some pics for us to see? Good luck. Mike. :beers: :beers:

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I know nobody likes NADA prices, but that's what my bank goes by to determine loan value. NADA says $51K.
I use NADA for a general idea, but it helps if you know how to use it.
The only way to get 51K on NADA is to pick SS and add for 350, which is incorrect because it is included in the SS package. For example. on NADA select 68 SS and check the 327 box and it will add 20%for a total of 53,660 with the 4 speed.
Now who would pay that kind of money for a 327 SS Camaro?
The car described has a realistic market value of 25-35K

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Now who would pay that kind of money for a 327 SS Camaro?
The car described has a realistic market value of 25-35K[/quote]

Depends on who's buyin and who's sellin.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For 25K I would let it sit outside and rust.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That's exactly what I was thinking. Don't give it away. In the condition you have described, I still say it's worth closer to 50K than to 25K. Can I PLEASE see some pics? Mike. :beers: :beers:

You bet Mike. I am out of town until Tuesday but will get some up as soon as I get back.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts