Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I AM LOOKING AT A 69 CAMARO CONVERT. WITH A 327 V8. THE CAR IS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!!! HUGGAR ORANGE,WHITE TOP,WHITE STRIPES, BLACK AND WHITE HOUNDSTOOTH INTERIOR AND AUTO TRANS. THE ONLY THING MISSING IS THE 2 SPEED POWERGLIDE TRANS,OTHERWISE EVERYTHING LOOKS TO MATCH.IT HAS NO DOCUMENTATION AND THE ODOMETER READS 5,000 MILES. IT WAS A COMPLETE FRAME OFF RESTORATION. THANKS TO ALL!

·
Registered
190 Posts
This car you mention, with a full restoration in my book is worth what you the buyer value it at. If it loks great and is nicely done it should be valued at $14,000 - $17,500. A great body and paint is going to cost around $6-7k add the base of what a 69 vert is worth $7-9, then add in the houndstooth $1500 looks like $14-$17,5
Just my semi-professinal experience.

·
Premium Member
217 Posts
ZMANIA,

It sounds like you are in love with this car already and probably justifiably so!!

The cars real value is what you are prepared to pay for it. Not saying this is the market value, then what is market value appraised on?....what someone is prepared to pay for a particular item.
If in your heart this car is as good as you say, what price do you put on that?
Good luck and be careful...enjoy the marque.
Ken

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If you buy the car and live anywhere around southeast Michigan, I have a bone stock (rebuilt) powerglide you can have if you want it. It came out of my 68 small block car but I have changed a few things since I bought the car.

·
Registered
316 Posts
It is my understanding that houndstooth interior was not available on convertibles, do to its durability when exposed to sun and rain. The only exception being pace cars. What is the trim tag interior code. Any other unusual options...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here in California the economy is very slow and old cars are not selling. The good news is Camaros are still a hot commodity. My friend owns a pot lot in San Jose Cal. and one of the only things still selling are Camaros. He get between $15k-$17k for nice V8 Camaro converts. Of course in winter this goes down by some as converts are very slow in the winter. Much of the value has to do with where you live. You dont have that in your post.
hope this helps
JA

------------------
John P. Allen
Sunnyvale Ca.
68 RS, 327 w- A/C
70 Buick GS455 Convertible

·
Retired
26,641 Posts
What's a "pot lot"? I wish I had heard of your friend sooner. I haven't seen a clean restored ragtop sell for less than 17k - 20k around here in a long time. Even a project vert will fetch 10k.

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Registered
40 Posts
DJ
Ramsell Auto Sales on the corner of San Carlos and Meridian across from the Safeway in San Jose. The last one he sold was for more than the prices I quoted but it was to a guy who had to have it and overpaid also. Before that he sold a nice 1968 RS, V8, auto convert with A/C for $20k, deduct some for the RS and A/C and you get about $15-$17k. ZMANIA is asking for value of a standard conv. and it is now winter. He also did not mention the car's optional equipment, this also makes a big difference in its value. Those #'s I gave are ballpark.
A "Pot" is used car lingo for an older used car, hence "Pot Lot".
Maybe see ya Saturday in Pleasanton
JA

------------------
John P. Allen
Sunnyvale Ca.
68 RS, 327 w- A/C
70 Buick GS455 Convertible

[This message has been edited by pakual (edited 11-08-2001).]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for all your help. the car sold for $24,500.00 which i believe is too high regardless of condition and equipment. thanks for the offer of the powerglide trans.

·
Retired
26,641 Posts
Was this sold through auction? Sounds a bit high to me as well. I guess it's what the market will bear. I think the camaro is at that point where it will be name your price real soon if not already. Maybe I should sell the white wonder

------------------
...Dennis
"The '69, the '96 & the club"

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by RSSS69conv:
Professionally / Concours restored 69 converts. with A/C , 4 speed & deluxe interiors are bringing 30K.

Brian

yes brian this car did have a/c and deluxe interior. it was an automatic. and it WAS CLEAN!!!! nice piece, and the color was right!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Wow what a beauty Tracy! I'm glad I found mine when I did after seeing the prices that some are going for. I've gotten a ton of emails and local people who offer to buy my car all the time. 1969's are hot and I think they will be the 1957 Chevy of the 60's as far as collector value goes.

------------------
'69 RS SS 396 375hp L78 Convertible, M22, 3.31 posi, deluxe interior, gauges, rosewood wheel, AM-FM, fold down seat, tilt wheel, Torque Thrust Wheels, console mounted 8 track player, chambered exhaust, locking gas cap
COMING SOON Corvette tripower, small body HEI, and maybe "842" aluminum heads
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1169124&a=8603468

·
Registered
396 Posts
I love hearing these post about inflated prices. I have a 67 RS convertable in excellent shape which I drive every day. I tried o sell it last year for $10,000 and didn't get a bite. I then lowered the price to $8,500 and still couldn't sell it. I think you all believe these things are worth more than they rally are. BTW mine was fully restored about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Well , no offense , but I've looked at cars that people said were "good condition" , and an "everyday driver" , and they were such ratty edgey pieces of crap that I wouldn't give them 25% of what they were asking.

"good condition" to some people means that it's all there and moves under it's own power , or needs the whole drivetrain rebuilt , etc...

I don't know where you are , but every $8500.00 69 convert that I've ever called about (if it really was a nice car) was long gone.

The prices aren't inflated , I just completed my 69 convert. 355 / 4 speed A/C houndstooth (yes I know they didn't come with hounds, so what) I've had 2 people , 1 about 30 , and 1 older gentleman hunt me down at 2 different car shows and try to buy it , I turned down 28 & 30K.

Condition is very objective.

Brian

1 - 19 of 19 Posts