Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #1
i recently purchased a very nice numbers matching 69 Z28. The seller included several boxes of extra Z28 parts he acquired back in the 70's at swap meets in california (where the car came from). The pump spins freely. The pump has the deep groove pulley. Wanting to sell due to the date code on it not matching up with my build date (my build date is march, pump is June). I know most everyone took the smog off and threw it in the trash, i mean who wanted smog on a performance car? any opinions please lmk, thanks

Registered
The pulley by itself is one of the high buck items. Most likely in the 2 to 5 hundred price range. The other parts of the set-up are just extra gravy.

Registered
Don't throw or give away any of that system. Original, date coded pieces are pretty valuable as you will soon find out when looking for the right dated parts for you car. I'd hang on to it until you've got a correct system for yours if you can.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is more of a day 2....headers and dual flowmasters, but matching numbers engine/trans/rear.

i recently purchased a very nice numbers matching 69 Z28. The seller included several boxes of extra Z28 parts he acquired back in the 70's at swap meets in california (where the car came from). The pump spins freely. The pump has the deep groove pulley. Wanting to sell due to the date code on it not matching up with my build date (my build date is march, pump is June). I know most everyone took the smog off and threw it in the trash, i mean who wanted smog on a performance car? any opinions please lmk, thanks

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Wanting to post pics but dont know how now since board is different than before....or maybe im just old 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry Moderators for double pic post. Please delete extra pics?

Premium Member
That silver smog tube in the one pic is not 1969 Camaro, but the other two black ones are.

Smog pump is dated 162nd day of 1969, so thats June 11, 1969.

Registered
The drivers side smog rail looks like 69/70 Camaro, the passenger black 1 is 71-74 Camaro/Nova, the gold one is a later GM truck/passenger car. The pulley is a reproduction.
Look on the diverter valve and see if it has 29295 stamped on it where it meets the extension. It maybe correct, but the hose portion is at the wrong angle, I suspect the diverter valve is incorrect.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #11
Ended up selling this. Thanks for everyone鈥檚 feedback

1 - 11 of 11 Posts