Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I'm new to this site, however I frequent the sister site "Team Chevelle". Anyway here is what I have.

I currently own a 69 RS Camaro (Have owned for 5 years or so). The car is nice with a couple year old Hugger Orange paint job (Original Color was Ralley Green) with a ember glow pearl and a silver modified hockey strip. Goodmark Cowl hood.

The car was originally equipped with a small block and auto trans. It know has a 383 stroker and an M-21 Munci, The interior is new (Deluxe). Has a 12 bolt open with 3.73 gears.

The car has Hotchkis suspension and 17 inch torque thrust american racing wheels with crossed drilled rotors.

I will try and post a pic later, there is one posted on project quick silver's web site if you guys are familiar with him. Anyway, I recently was contacted regarding a trade for a very nice 66 SS Nova. The guy wanted to give me 2k and his car in trade for mine. I would really like to know what you guys think my car might be worth and if the trade sounds resonable.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Shane -

I forgot to welcome you to Team Camaro in my reply on your other thread, so welcome!

One of the great things here is the amount of info to be searched. I typed in LM-1 to find this thread and the other one I posted. This thread discussed values on original LM-1 cars. Restified, non-number matching cars can be higher or lower, depnding on how well they have been executed and how solid they were to start.

http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=97055&highlight=LM-1

Is the Nova original, numbers matching? From what I see below, and if the underneath, interior and engine bay are as clean as what I see, you have a car that is easily in the mid $20K range, possibly closer to $30K, in today's market. I'm not up on the current market for the Deuces, but it would have to be pretty nice to compare with only $2K cash coming your way.

Here's Shane's car...nice ride!

http://www.project-quicksilver.com/hotrodder/crush/default.htm

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eric,

Thanks for the welcome and thanks for posting the link so everyone can see my car. I'm not real computer savy so I appreciate it.

Anyway, I agree that I would need to get more cash on the deal then just the 2k. The guy that wants to trade is not willing to up the cash, he is a car flipper what I mean is he buys sells and trades cars to make a living. He has his Nova priced at 26,500 and its been for sale for over a month with few bites. If anyone would like to check it out its on the San Fransico Craigslist.

The Nova is real nice and has new interior, paint (original Ermine white) along with a nice 383 stroker turbo 350 and a ford 9 inch installed nicely. It also has a lot of the original paper work with the car, ie build sheet and original invoce. I have checked several web sites on novas to see what they are selling for and Camaros are just pulling in way more money.

Any other opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Shane

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Here's the Deuce...

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/car/289668587.html

Nice looking, and I do have a soft spot for them, but in my mind it would have to be an original L-79 car, in solid #2 condition, before I think what he's proposed would be fair.

As soon as you said he's a flipper, it made sense. He can unload your 69 in a heartbeat, but it may take him a while to get $20K out of the Chevy II.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Eric,

You are lightning fast!!!. Thanks for all the help with the links you have posted everyone will be able to see my car Camaro Vs. the Nova and we all know it helps when you can see pics.

Thanks again look forward to further corrosponding with you more.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Shane very nice camaro !! and welcome to team camaro, I agree with Craig i would be asking for more like 6-8k trade,,thats a nova it will never be worth what your camaro is today or will in the future,jmo,,, Frank

·
Gold Lifetime Member
3,360 Posts
As much as I like that year Nova I couldn't trade a Camaro that nice for it. What ever amount of cash you get will not be enough as time goes on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the input, it is greatly appreciated. I agree with you guys that the guy would have to come up with around 8K to make me even consider it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts