Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..Another strange question
..I have a Blown Injected 355 and was detailing it before putting it up..And noticed that the Chrome Valve cover breathers have what I would describe as a foam element/sock wrapped around it..I believe it is used to catch anything that blows out the vent located at the bottom of the breather???I think
...Well here is my question I need to replace that foam element/sock thing and not sure what to order or where to order it ...Also has anyone ever seen a set up like I just described??....Any help would be appreciated..Thanks again

------------------
Restored 76 LE Trans Am 455 4 speed..# matching
-------------------------
Restored 68 Camaro R/S 327 4 speed
Restored 55 chevy Belair
Blown, Fuel Injected
http://community.webshots.com/user/badcaiman

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT... Can anyone help me out here
Thanks

------------------
Restored 76 LE Trans Am 455 4 speed..# matching
Restored 68 Camaro R/S 327 4 speed
Restored 55 chevy Belair
Blown, Fuel Injected
http://community.webshots.com/user/badcaiman

·
Gold Lifetime Member
10,484 Posts
I looked when you first posted and none of the pics you have show the breathers well. I think I know what you're describing and if I was looking for those I'd be looking at a circle track place. If you don't have any where you live, I'd pick up a copy of circle track racing magazine and look through their vendors. They use what you're describing. It's a foam pre-filter and also protects against mud and stuff clogging the breathers.

I've run K&N style breathers on many engines without any foam pre-filters with no problems as long as the valve covers have good baffles.

Jody

·
Registered
150 Posts
I also have been thinking about your post. I know there was a company that made the foam wraps for air cleaner elements and valve cover breathers but I can't remember who it was.

·
Registered
256 Posts
If you have a go kart-1/4 midget shop near you check there they have them in different sizes and colors,also a company called OUTERWEARS makes a nylon prefilter that is really nicer than the foam also available in many sizes and colors...Mike

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
i have heard of people putting wrist sweat bands around their breathers, but that was before the outerwrap things came out.

------------------
1971 Nova(looks like 69 camaro from underneath!)
355sb, vortec heads, HOT cam,T-10 tranny, 3.70 gears 16" IROC wheels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts