Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyon give me any insight on valve cover gaskets for a centerbolt 350 valve cover. I keep getting leaks from the rubber Felpros. I can't seem to keep the gasket from popping out of of the corners. I've used silicone and no silicone. Is there a trick?

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
i cant recall the felpro number but they are cork with a thin metal carcass in the center. they are made for vortec heads and will not creep out of the covers.

·
Lifetime Gold Member
1,113 Posts
i cant recall the felpro number but they are cork with a thin metal carcass in the center. they are made for vortec heads and will not creep out of the covers.

Same here, :thumbsup: sbc and bbc never had an issue.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Can anyon give me any insight on valve cover gaskets for a centerbolt 350 valve cover. I keep getting leaks from the rubber Felpros. I can't seem to keep the gasket from popping out of of the corners. I've used silicone and no silicone. Is there a trick?
i had a set of crap chrome valve covers with the center bolts and the gaskets would not stay put long enough to bolt them on!!! try different valve covers!!! find a good set of aluminum ones if possible!!
i got these from a early 90`s vette for 30 bucks

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Along same lines as previous post,,,Salvage yard a set off a 305 truck engine, with gaskets. My cheapo 305 overhaul got its VC gaskets re-used, along with oil pan gasket and rear seal.
The vc gaskets had some hellatious silicone on them and the vc's needed vatted so I removed the gaskets and soaked them in solvent for about a month to loosen all the badass silicone then rubbed it off. I glued them back on the covers and set them on dry, haven't leaked a drop. The solvent swelled them to about double thickness.

My zz4 has Etec heads and Moroso aluminum centerbolt covers, the gaskets are blue Moroso and they are bad to the bone. Idunno if they would fit a set of stock covers though. And they are pricey.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts