Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gold Lifetime Member
403 Posts
Yes. I use the same style covers with the optional drippers. You do not need the Corvette style with the flattened corner on the rear driver cover.

·
Premium Member
9,357 Posts
yes they will work, they look just like mine!

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Stupid question, I guess, but my project now is the first BBC I have owned.

Aren't the drippers kind of important? I mean, they are just pieces of metal that are tacked to the underside of the covers, but I have a hard time believing GM would engineer/add even a relatively cheap modification like drippers without there beeing a need.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read on previous posts that the 325 and 350hp engines did not come with the drippers in the covers.

Stupid question, I guess, but my project now is the first BBC I have owned.

Aren't the drippers kind of important? I mean, they are just pieces of metal that are tacked to the underside of the covers, but I have a hard time believing GM would engineer/add even a relatively cheap modification like drippers without there beeing a need.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
According to Jerry M's book on the 69 Z and SS396 cars, page 175, "all 396-427 Camaro engines received chrome valve covers. These covers received drippers located on the inside for better rocker-arm lubrication".

The book goes on to describe and show the "notch" (it is really more of a thumb size protrusion) on the driver side cover (that the repros with drippers do not have), and the positioning of the wire stand in front of the rear bolt hole to address clearance issues with the wiper motor in the F and X body cars.

I guess a lot of guys run without drippers, but to have them is correct and in my engineer's brain, kind of important.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm with you Eric. For 5 bucks more from the same seller you can get the pair with drippers.

According to Jerry M's book on the 69 Z and SS396 cars, page 175, "all 396-427 Camaro engines received chrome valve covers. These covers received drippers located on the inside for better rocker-arm lubrication".

The book goes on to describe and show the "notch" (it is really more of a thumb size protrusion) on the driver side cover (that the repros with drippers do not have), and the positioning of the wire stand in front of the rear bolt hole to address clearance issues with the wiper motor in the F and X body cars.

I guess a lot of guys run without drippers, but to have them is correct and in my engineer's brain, kind of important.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts