Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I rebuilt my 350, the exhaust valve rotators went back in. I'm not sorry, but am now wondering if I could have left them out and just shimmed the springs. The heads are "993"s without any seat work except grinding. I twisted it up pretty tight a while ago and may have floated a valve or two without any damage. (It had hydralics then, now it solids) We put about 8000 relatively easy miles on it a year and the performance is what I expected. I'm thinking I could get some more "Rs" out of it without the extra rotator weight, but don't want to tear (or burn) anything up. Should I keep them?? Thanks Kevin (Spring is coming soon!)

·
Super Moderator
32,778 Posts
Having the rotaters out and the springs not shimmed for the distance taken up won't make any difference.

·
Banned
21,341 Posts
Top rotators or bottom rotators??

Bottom, buy rotator eliminators! Top, shim and use stock retainers... And maybe even -.050" locks to help lose some spring shim distance...

pdq67

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're top rotatrors. I'm not as much worried about spring pressure because that would be an easy fix. I just don't want to burning anything up. Kevin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts