Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a vent that I made up for the Moser 12 bolt. For those of you who have the Moser rear end and don't like the hose vent that they recommend, send me an email and I'll give you more information. [email protected]

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
A little CPR here, and I know Freddie isn't around much, but I just got my new Moser and no, I don't like the hose vent they recommend.
Any suggestions?

·
Registered
4,273 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I used the brass fitting that Moser sent with the rear end and drilled it with a U drill bit (I think it was a U, but it might have been a different one). I pressed a GM vent into it. You can still get the vents from GM. Don't pay big bucks from the after market companies. GM sells them for about $2.50.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
thanks BGH! long time no see.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
cmirock, he just posted the info here...

I used the brass fitting that Moser sent with the rear end and drilled it with a U drill bit (I think it was a U, but it might have been a different one). I pressed a GM vent into it. You can still get the vents from GM. Don't pay big bucks from the after market companies. GM sells them for about $2.50.

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A 23/64 drill bit might work better. If the U bit goes slightly oversize then the vent will be too loose. If the 23/64 is too tight then you can always go back to the U bit and open it up slightly. A sharp drill bit doesn't work well in brass, so you might want to dull the bit a little before drilling. The GM number for the vent is 15771000.
I have one of these that is already done if anybody needs one and doesn't want to make it themself. I was selling them for $8 plus shipping. This is the last one that I have. I also have some more parts left, installation kits and other stuff. If someone wants to buy me out send me an email. I'd like to get rid of this stuff.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
A 23/64 drill bit might work better. If the U bit goes slightly oversize then the vent will be too loose. If the 23/64 is too tight then you can always go back to the U bit and open it up slightly. A sharp drill bit doesn't work well in brass, so you might want to dull the bit a little before drilling. The GM number for the vent is 15771000.
I have one of these that is already done if anybody needs one and doesn't want to make it themself. I was selling them for $8 plus shipping. This is the last one that I have. I also have some more parts left, installation kits and other stuff. If someone wants to buy me out send me an email. I'd like to get rid of this stuff.

Hey Freddie that's one nice Pro Street 69' that you have :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.