Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im replacing the gaskets for the vent windows and not having any luck getting the glass to line up even along the vertical guide.
Everything was square when i took it apart, didnt bend anything, so seems to me that it would go back square.
If anyone has a trick to getting them right,
please share the wealth. Thanks in advance. Sonny

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I'm working from memory here, but I think I'm right. I will assume you removed the main door glass when you pulled the vent glass, if you didn't, it will be a real pain to re-install the vent glass straight. They have to go in at the same time and it's real cumbersome and you really need 2 guys to do it.
The rear channel will guide the main glass and it in turn guides the vent glass assembly although the rear main glass channel might have to be loosened to complete the job. It's a trial and error thing and you'll need some patience to get it right.
If I'm all wet on this, somebody please help out. It's been a REAL LONG time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Toby, Thanks for the reply,
I got the vent assembly in and out ok. My problem is, that I cant get the vent glass to line up in the frame. The vent glass sits in the frame kinda crooked,hitting the top of the frame when you open and close the vent window. Is there any way to get the frame square? So that there is even spacing along the rear edge of the glass and the gasket.
Sorry about the confusion.. Sonny

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
anyone else have any suggestions on how to get the vent window properly aligned in the frame assembly?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts