Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i,ve looled and looked in my assembly manual and for the life of me i can,t find how the fuel vent tube goes???? can anyone give me some guideance on this.i seem to remember it going up through the trunk but how does it tie into the fuel system???? and if it is in the assembly manual where??? thanks

·
Registered
235 Posts
Both the vent and supply fuel lines come out of the top of the tank from the sending unit. They join the lines mounted on the frame rail with hoses.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
do you mean the vent tube tee's into the fuel supply line or into the return line. is that what you're saying??? if so which one.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Each line is separate. The supply and vent return tubes come out of the sending unit. The return line brings back fuel from the external fuel filter to the tank. It is just that the lines run along the underside of the car next to each other. They do not tee together.

Look in the Assembly Manual in Section UPC L35, B1-B2. You will see exactly what you need.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I've got a question regarding fuel lines. My 69 has a single line. I've installed an electric fuel pump near the tank and was wondering how I would go about adding a return line. Is this a matter of adding a Tee and return line before the carb? Does the return line need to be a smaller line? I'm not sure how the pressure would be held constant a 7 psi without some kind of check valve. Any ideas?

------------------
Marty

69 Camaro, 350, TrickFlow heads, T5, 3.73

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
69 i,ve added electric pumps to alot of different cars and never had to add a return.but then maybe i was lucky.i,am still unsure about this vent tube???? there are only 2 places in the sending unit the supply line hooks to one and the return hooks to the other, so where does the vent hook into??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts