Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 67 camaro needs the ventilation duct hose replaced!I realize the old original style material is NOT available. Most Classic car parts suppliers( example- year one) charge approx, $27 for 6ft., of it.I believe i neeed the 2.5" hose? (1) Is there a suitable replacement out there? (2) what is the correct size & approx., length needed to run from the blower vent connector to the chrome vents etc., needed? (3) is there a well known parts supplier (example,- advanced auto. etc) who may sell a suitable replacement at reasonable cost?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I can't speak to the lengths on a 67, but on my 69, I used a junk yard piece. I found it laying on the ground, and the guy gave it to me.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick
You should be able to purchase this hose at any well stocked parts house.

·
Registered
6,281 Posts
I used to get that hose from a "real parts store" not the "zone" type stores. Any parts store that has air conditioning parts should be able to order it for you. Just ask for duct hose. It comes in 6 foot lengths. Don' do this over the phone though. Tell them what diameter you want it to go over, but don't tell them what kind of car you have or they'll say they don't have parts for cars that old. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Go to an auto air conditioning shop. They'll get you any size and lenth you need.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts