Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I just picked up a 1 owner 69 Camaro convertible yesterday, so I wanted to register and say "hi". I'm a long-time third gen owner (I've owned my IROC since 1998, and have been a thirdgen owner since 1995), but this is my first 1st gen. I'm really not much of a convertible guy, but the price was right on this one, so I'm going to put some work into it and hopefully have some fun with it before I pass it on.

The car is a fairly low-option 69 'vert with the i6 and Powerglide. Options are a bit sparse, but it does have a console, a power top, and power steering. The body is in really good shape overall, with the only exterior issues being the door bottoms and the trunklid. Everything else is super solid. The real issue is that the floors are pretty rough.

I'm not sure what my plans are for the car, but most likely I'll start with a set of rally wheels, and then once I clean some of my thirdgen projects off my plate, I'll get to the floors and other issues, and then an upgraded drivetrain.

The interior is in great shape overall. It's all original, and the AM radio even works. There are a couple minor fixes that I need to make, but overall it needs very little inside.

Anyway, here are a few pics of the car:

The car yesterday in my yard:

The car a couple weeks ago when I first saw it:

Interior:

The worst part of the floor:

One of many similar floor spots that are rusted along the pinch weld:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I was a bit surprised to see that only 1707 were made, but to be honest, I have no desire to own an i6 car, and it's just not worth enough for me to restore it to original condition. Whether I keep the car or upgrade it for profit, the i6 is a losing proposition either way. I'll hold on to the original drivetrain to pass along with the car though.

·
Registered
4,942 Posts
Welcome to the TC Crew from cross the border.

No mention on shape of rockers? That would be my first concern, eh? Rust never stops!

Amazing how a drop top will grow on ya in time...even though your summers are on the short side.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the TC Crew from cross the border.

No mention on shape of rockers? That would be my first concern, eh? Rust never stops!

Amazing how a drop top will grow on ya in time...even though your summers are on the short side.
rockers are in great shape.

·
19,842 Posts
Welcome to TC from down the coast a ways :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts