Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 69 is almost ready to be out on the road. Its about time to I've been waiting for over two years now, and for a 17 year old with very little patience , thats seems like forever. It is going to the body shop this weekend to get a new rear-panel in. It took us awhile to figure out what we were going to do, since i don't make that much money, we were just going to beat out all the major dents and put the real panel off, but the tail-lights wouldn't fit in right, so we decided to got to the body shop. Same guy who did my floor pans, so I know the work will turn out right. I'm getting tired of driving my car up and down the driveway, I'm ready for the road.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I wish I could drive up and down my driveway. It's been 4 years for this resto and that little trip to the mailbox would be a great reward for patience that I thought I never had.
Dan

------------------
http://hobbystage.net/camaro/dsmart

·
Registered
503 Posts
Drive ???? I'll be happy when I can PUSH my car again...I'm gettin' tired of seeing the shell in the same spot on jackstands...that 1st cruise around the block will be worth it tho...glad to hear another project is almost finished....Good Luck....

·
Registered
54 Posts
18436572 sounds like your car is about as close to being done as mine. Wesley, I got my first Camaro when I was 17. It was a 67. I bought it as a runner but nothing worked. It took me 2 months to get it barely road worthy. It felt like 2 years though. Now I'm 21 and I'm sure my current car will take at least 2 years to get on the road. I hate to think what those 2 years felt like for you. Whatever you do, never sell your car. I sold my 67 and have regreted it ever since. Have fun with your car!

------------------
69 X22 D80 w/95 LT1 Terrorizing the streets of N.E. Ohio....in a year or two.........mabey

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know the waiting game too well also. I finally got my 68 in the body shop on Tuesday. It was a great filling to finally start seeing it getting worked on rather than
seeing it getting taken apart. I am still a ways off from getting to drive it, but at least it is going in the right direction.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like I'm in better shape than most, i guess i should stop complaining and look at what i have, and not at what i don't have. Good luck to everyone and thanks for the replies. now its time to save money for a paint job!!!!!!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts