1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
428 Posts
I don't believe it. I think someone should email this guy and ask him to give us the RPO or COPO number for the "moon roof" I have never seen anything like it. Maybe Curt S. will have some idea. I can't email him, becuase I don't have an account at email.

------------------
Bryan Shook
Burgettstown, Pa
Favorite Quote - Some people have shrinks. Some people have their garage.
www.geocities.com/motorcity/speedway/6673

·
Registered
7 Posts
This may be real. I have read in one the Chevy magazines (@1990) of a 1967 Camaro SS shipped to GM of Belgium, where it was assembled and had a moonroof. The car was brought back to the US, and featured in the article by the owner, out of Colorado. The car came up for sale in Hemmings Motor News in @ 1996. I do not know where it went from there. The speedometer read in Kilometers. If this is a French Car, it should also read in kilometers.

·
Registered
6,077 Posts
A little more digging shows that the moon roof apparently was a real European dealer mod option. It has been seen it several times. Don't think it was a RPO.

But....

So little is known about the Belgian plant.... If anyone has any information, please let me know. Thanks.

------------------
Kurt S.
www.camaros.org

·
Retired
26,601 Posts
I sent the seller of this car an email last week when I first saw it. My thinking was if it's what the seller says it could be a real find! Well the seller was real slow in replying but finally I got a reply yesterday.

Not much info was provided, the car went from the US factory straight to France. The seller has the French title, EPA shipping papers and Georgia reg. since it has been back in the US. There is also a factory GM/France tag on the firewall.

Not sure if this guy is motivated to sell! I have emailed others in the past, asked a couple questions and gotten back pages. This guy sent 2 lines. 1 the car speaks for itself (at least in the sellers eyes). 2 the guy doesn't care if it sells or not!

Kurt, care to venture at a price assuming it's as advertised?

------------------
...DjD
69RS Ragtop
www.fbody.com/members/topless69

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
I don't know about the 68 Camaro but I read an artical stating that in 1970 there were 3 prototype Camaros built called the "Hurst Sunshine Special". It had a sunroof, emblems, and a special shifter. This sunroof design was later used as an option on the 1971 Nova.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Correct, I met the current owner through email and he told me his life story about Camaro's. He is a very nice guy and boy what a collection he's had. Alot of luck followed him also. He also won the ZL1 Camaro that the USCC gave away some years back. He traded the ZL1 for three cars (one being the Hurst Sunshine Special, xram JL-8, and a COPO) and to quote him "and a glove box full of $100 bills". Plus he has some other very interesting cars

·
Registered
460 Posts
Yes, your right. JL-8 RS Z, not xram. You would know. Small world. The internet is a wonderful place. You ended up with a real nice car there!

·
Registered
285 Posts
In the Dec. HMN there is a dusk blue ZL-1 car for sale ($89K) anyone know which # this one is? Also, in the same issue noticed a guy in the Atlanta area w/2 ZL-1 engines w/VINS, bet those are worth a bundle to whoever owns those 2 cars the motors go in. Speaking of values, I'm seriously considering the purchase of a ZL-1 camaro shortly and was interested in some real world values versus the car guides and various asking prices. Obviously would depend on condition and whether the engine was original to the car, etc. There's the one in England that seems to be a matching number in #1 condition with a $130K asking price. What's the real price of entry into the ZL-1 club? Thanks in advance for any and all info.

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
I have the listing of the 69 1969 ZL1's that were built but is there a list of the cars that have been found so far? How many and which ones have been located?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Anyone know anything about the history of the ZL-1 currently for sale in England or a good 3rd party source other than the current owner? Wondering if it's a rebody and/or restamp. It's listed in HMN @$130K.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts