Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
:confused: Could this really be??? I remember talking to a guy in Daytona at the Turkey Rod Run in 05 with a blue X11 that he said was the ONLY X11 Z28. Of course he had no paper work but it did have a "DZ" stamped engine. Who knows if it was a real stamping or not.

Now I see that it is on eBay. If this is true I guess now that ALL X11 cars have received a promotion from SS to Z28! :wacko: LOL!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...ategoryZ6161QQihZ002QQitemZ120090620710QQrdZ1

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
Re: 69 RS Z-28 - Authenticated X11 ???

I know its early but I'm confused, WTH is he talking about?

·
Registered
237 Posts
Re: 69 RS Z-28 - Authenticated X11 ???

Pretty funny. You want a 100k for a project car with no motor and you didn't have time to have it authenticited. Not that it would be anyway. I love it when people think there projects are worth restored money.

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
:confused: Could this really be??? I remember talking to a guy in Daytona at the Turkey Rod Run in 05 with a blue X11 that he said was the ONLY X11 Z28. Of course he had no paper work but it did have a "DZ" stamped engine. Who knows if it was a real stamping or not.

Now I see that it is on eBay. If this is true I guess now that ALL X11 cars have received a promotion from SS to Z28! :wacko: LOL!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chev...ategoryZ6161QQihZ002QQitemZ120090620710QQrdZ1

If memory serves me correct this morning, there is no such animal. :sad: Either an X77 or an X33 Z28. Now he did not say that Jerry appraised this car, but that Jerry authenticated "another" X-11 Z28. This car has the wrong master cylinder, rear bumper guards. IMO he left the TT build date off the description on purpose. It will be tough pushing this car across the block with no drive line at BJ in March.

Unfortunately due to the scheduling of this out of state appraiser, we were unable to acquire an appraisal in time for this auction. :thumbsup: OK sure

·
Registered
13,315 Posts
The issue of what can be cant cant be keeps rising its head...
Guys working on the production line in those days could chat to their boss, say I want trhat that and that...and these 'odd balls ' rolled off the production line...
not many but the did happen.
Then there was Dealships, ordering odd ball stuff.
like a 'base' z28, then throw a 350 in, and a style trim
The unfortunate part these days ppl who geneuinely own one of these have to put up will crap...
I own a Ex demo car from De Anzo Chev in Ca.
Sure I have changed the diff, (orginal is stored) and a few other things.
27 yrs ago I and others spent yrs trying to figure out how it came about...
There is 1 guy in NZ who I have a great respect for his knowledge in this area.. a very quiet modest guy...if something didnt match he quickly id ed it...mine was more 'scratch the head'
I am 3rd owner from new
The orginal owner imported it to NZ and did not own it for long..months and much of that time was spent on a ship and in customs holding.
The next owners(S) (Brothers) lives just up the road from me, and I meet his brother who he sold it to..(now passed away)

ODD balls exist...in my opinion most of the odd balls today are no longer orginal..like most of the 1st gens...but a hand full still exist where the history (ownership) of the car was unusual.
ie exported to pay for a trip to the States, or got used and parked up (desesed estate) stuff like that.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I own a Ex demo car from De Anzo Chev in Ca.
Is that De Anza Chev, you speak of, in Riverside Ca.
I bought my first 68 Camaro from them, used in 1974. It was a rally green, 210hp 327, 3speed car, had factory air and dog dish caps. Had about 60K on it and I gave $1500. less my $50. trade in (a 62 318 Fury).
The blue and white 69 RS Z/28 they had on the lot was $2100. I just didn't have the extra money at the time.:sad:
Ah, sorry, just had to take that short trip down memory lane. ---Bill.

·
Registered
13,315 Posts
Is that De Anza Chev, you speak of, in Riverside Ca.
Yep...contacted them about 15/20 yrs ago, but they hadnt kept records, or where not interested...
The orginal owner was a
Harrison Lee Fisher
222 E. North St
San Bernadino
If anyone knows him, I would sure like to contact.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
This auction actually made me LOL!:yes:
All I see is a lot of giberish meant to confuse the bidder into thinking this car has been confirmed by Jerry M.
An original gold x11 car with a 2.56 rear end missing alot of parts.
One shill bid, under reserve of course...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts