Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new centerforce dual friction clutch in my 95 trans am. I followed the instructions. They said to line up the yellow dot from the flywheel to the yellow dot on the clutch. My flywheel had no yellow dot. Now I have vibrations. I hope I don't have to pull the clutch again. Any one have this problem when they installed the clutch?

·
Registered
622 Posts
i had the same problem when i installed the dual friction in my 67, but only at a certain rpm. my rotating assembly was balanced including the flywheel, but with the old clutch, i think i am going to have the machine shop balance the dual friction pressure plate, i think that should fix it

------------------
67 RS
355, SUPER T10 4 SPD
9" FORD

Z

·
0 Posts
Did you have the flywheel surfaced? This is a requirement when installing a Center Force D/F. I have one on my 73 Z28 and have had no problems at all.
Mark (A.K.A. Z28 Mark)

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
Got one in my 67 RS 327, didn't have the motor balanced with it. Just had the flywheel turned, I've had no problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YES THE FLYWHEEL WAS RESURFACED. THERE IS A VIBRATION AT IDLE ,THAT WAS NOT THERE BEFORE. GONA CALL CENTERFORCE MONDAY. THANKS MIKE S.

·
Premium Member
2,062 Posts
O.K. THEN! I HOPE THEY CAN HELP! LOL

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pulled the clutch and turned 180 degrees. Worked perfect. No more vibrations. Hope this will help some one else that has this problem. Thanks again to all. Mike S .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts