Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have managed to acquire a good Vigilite System for a First Generation Convertible--the two Fender units and the Rear rounded package tray unit. I need to replace the fiber optic cable on the package tray unit...it is only two feet long and the remainder was torn off. Any ideas where I can (1) purchase a suitable small diameter fiber optic cable or (2) purchase a splicer to add another piece on to the existing 2-foot piece? I have some small lengths of original cable but none long enough on their own to stretch the necessary distance. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
Fiber optics are very rare and even more so on a convert. The Camaro vendors don't have much to offer you except some replacement chrome for the fenders BUT the Corvette guys have lots of fiber optics service pieces available as it was much more common on those cars. I used to have a link to a Corvette fiber optics web site but I can't seem to locate it right now, sorry. :( Common on Buicks and Caddy's too but who is restoring those? :rolleyes: Maybe the boneyard will provide some good used cable?

Maybe this clue will send you in the right direction.

-Mark.

·
Retired
16,014 Posts
my dads old 78 buick park avenue had fiber optic light monitor system. it was cool. chech the junk yards for those old road hogs.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My car is undergoing some restoration right now...but I'll eventually post some pics of the rear convertible Vigilite unit including the "innards" of the unit (how the cable all hooks up is clever).

·
Retired
26,666 Posts
The only place I've seen correct fiber is at Eckler's Corvette. www.ecklers.com

Type "fiber optic" in the search on the main page, they list several items you may find helpful.

One of my up and coming projects is to patch all my fiber back together...

[ 08-15-2004, 07:20 PM: Message edited by: DjD ]

·
Registered
366 Posts
For fiber optic cable in any lenght and correct diameters with the correct ends on them, this is the guy-Rich Robertson, email at [email protected]
What color are your lenses on the fender units-green, clear, clear?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts