Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello, I want to know if the vehicle is legit or if should I pass. I need help decoding this vehicle.
For got to mention it’s a 67 Camaro
VIN tags don’t match Trim Tags
Hello, I want to know if the vehicle is legit or if should I pass. I need help decoding this vehicle. It’s a 2-door hard top 67-Camaro. With an LS3 cruise and connect engine and transmission.
VIN tags don’t match Trim Tags
I saw this on the Camaro.org

"
12337 VIN vs 12437 Cowl Tag Code
Though it looks very similar to the first five digits of the VIN, the body style code on the Fisher Body cowl tag did not have the same meaning. Fisher Body didn't need the type of engine coded on the cowl tag, and so stamped the 3rd digit of the Fisher style code with a different meaning than the 3rd digit of the VIN.
The 3rd digit of the VIN identifies which engine (L6 or V8) the car had from the factory. A VIN engine digit of 3 indicates a L6 engine, while a VIN engine digit of 4 indicates a V8 engine.
The cowl tags for 1967 Camaros were stamped with a style code of 12x37or 12x67, where the x was set to 4 for standard interior or 6 for custom interior. All 1968-69 Camaros (L6 or V8) had a style code of 12437 or 12467 on the cowl tag - the 3rd digit of the firewall style number for these two years was fixed to 4 and effectively had no meaning.”

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nothing wrong here. It's either an LF7 (327/210) or an L30/M20 (327/275) coupe with a saginaw 4 speed transmission, Deepwater Blue exterior, Parchment/Black deluxe interior, tinted windshield and console with floor shifter.

Also note that the car was built the second week of November, 1966 at the Norwood, Ohio plant.

What's the axle code?

Ed
Hello,
Not sure I will have to check that out. I don’t think it’s there since it was a full swap, new axle and new panels underneath.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts