Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Maybe he was testing a new die, or showing a new GM line worker how to stamp them????
My frame for my LS6 Chevelle is stamped twice with the VIN.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Where was your LS-6 built, and where on the frame is the VIN stamped?

------------------
Rob Clary
'70 LS-6 Chevelle
Interested in COPOs, Yenkos or other dealer built muscle cars then go here: www.yenko.net

·
Registered
305 Posts
It's an Atlanta built car, built 2-20-70, the options are few...4.10 posi, Turbo 400, rear window defog, tinted glass-all, floor mats, AM radio, HD battery(manditory), and SS454 package. It has a couple of dealer add-ons, RH O/S R/V mirror, dated 10-69, and a trunk light. It's Fathom Blue, no stripes, and Bright Blue CLOTH interior.
The frame is stamped where the other 3 Atlana cars I've done were stamped, right rear top of frame rail, one stamp on the flat level part, and one about 6 inches behind it, on the angled up part towards the very rearmost crossmember. Both are clearly legible, I will have a pic of it when I get them developed.
Body is back down on the frame, shell should be ready for paint about Christmas. Only component missing from the engine is the correct distributor, everything else is there and correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts