Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Adam and I have a 69 Camaro. Is there a way to do previous owners search on this vehicle? It was a 6 cyl car now with a 327 in it that I'd like to build as a Pro Touring with an LSX motor tranny setup. It needs the tailight panel replaced, the right quarter & floorpan patched or replaced. Glad to be part of the Camaros.net Group! Thanks. :waving:

·
Admin/Super Moderator
12,511 Posts
Hey Adam - Welcome to TC
The National Privacy Act makes it very difficult to do so anymore, but each state is different and there are loop holes and forgotten archives such as county tax rolls. You should start with your local Motor Vehicle Department. If you sign waivers in some states that you will not attempt to contact the previous owners you can get the info, others have seven year or less retention rates on older vehicle information so there is nothing to find. Searching tax records by vin sometimes is possible if you know where the vehicle has been registered before. A check of the national title database may let you know states and dates, but you will have to find county or tax district information on your own. Some will be computerized but the vast majority will be microfiche and or bound volumes. Labor intensive work.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
When I worked for an insurance company I was able to do a search using the vin and came up with the car being in a prior accident, owner name/address, and driver name/address. It was useless beyond that, but interesting none the less.

·
Premium Member
1,453 Posts
Welcome Adam. Just curious as to why that information would be important for you to know?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts