Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a insert for a covans dash that will hold a vintage air slide controler in the same spot as the factory. I tried to make something and its does not look the way I expect it too,
the car is a factory a/c 1969 camaro.

Thanks, J

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
It's not the slide controls but I went this way. I did use the original assy and cut out the center where it would slide and then mounted the electronics. If interested, I have more pics of how it was done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
It's not the slide controls but I went this way. I did use the original assy and cut out the center where it would slide and then mounted the electronics. If interested, I have more pics of how it was done.
I'm pretty sure you need a different ECU from Vintage Air if you go with the knob controller instead of the slides. I only know this because when I bought my VA kit, I was asked whether I'd be re-using the stock controls or wanted to upgrade to the knob setup (at a cost of about $200), and I said I wasn't sure yet. I was told that the ECU on the underdash box was different if I went with the knobs.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
If your using the Gen IV system it plugs right into it. Yes your correct on the price, around $200. What nice about it is now you have unlimited control over the settings.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
If your using the Gen IV system it plugs right into it. Yes your correct on the price, around $200. What nice about it is now you have unlimited control over the settings.
Hmmm....I'll have to check with VA. I was planning to use my old control with the replacement electronic slides, but when I pulled it out of storage, I found that one of the knobs on the sliders was broken off. If I've got to buy a new slider setup, I may as well buy the knob setup instead if it'll work with the Gen IV setup I have (if I ever get to the point of installing it.....)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, I did have to replace the ecu. It is very simple to replace. Dennis yours looks good. I was just hoping there was a custom made piece already made, that would bolt in. Thanks all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts