Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have vintage air on 69 camaro big block. Just installed FAST EZ-EFI and MSD 6AL ignition. Now when the engine is running with the vintage air controls in the off position. The fan turns itself on and off (intermittent) at different speeds for short periods of time.. Any ideas?

Vintage Air tech said to run their wires to battery away from MSD power wires. They are run seperate until at battery for hook up.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Do you have the Gen IV Vintage Air? If so, and you disconnected the battery at some point, you may need to reset the VA as covered in their installation instructions. (ground the correct terminal under the dash, move the side controls to the right for a few seconds till the fan blows full speed, etc., etc.).

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just curious.....did grounding & recalibrating the computer/controls fix your problem? P.S. I am always tinkering, and tend to have the battery disconnected several times a year. So....have a grounding button for the VA gen IV installed under the dash by the glove box. This allows me to reset the air without messing with a grounding wire...just have to push the button for ground.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Hmmm. I just had the same problem with my Vintage Air fan also..
It shut off yesterday and I thought I'd blown the fuse. Before I checked the fuse today, I decided to switch on the fan and it worked. :confused:
Mine in pre Gen IV (cable controlled), also in a 69, and my MSD wiring runs no where near it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.