Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 weeks ago I ordered my front wheels, 17x8 V40 wheels from Vintage Wheel Works. They were on sale because they were blems for $200.00. Since receiving them I have looked CAREFULLY to find the flaw- I can't. They are awesome!!! I have now ordered my rear wheels , again V40. The sales rep. Rusty was great to work with being knowlegable, friendly, courteous. I look forward to receiving my rear wheels. Can't say enough about their service so far. Just thought you might want to know. We hear so much when something goes bad. It is nice to hear ssomething positive. Cheers!!

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I bought the same wheels for my 68. The only thing that I could find that I would call blems were the gray spokes were a little splotchy with the paint and one of the wheels had a couple of scuffs on it. I didn't care since the car was a driver. Did you get the 16x8 wheels? I ran them with 245/50 up front and 255/50 in the rear. The car handled awesome with modern tires.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
Their service is indeed awesome. I bought 16" V45's and one had a very slight scratch. They offered to send me 4 more and I could pick the one I wanted to keep. I had them send one and they also gave me an extra cap and set of lugnuts. I'll go back.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jeff- I bought the 17x 8 all around. I was really considering the 17x9.5 w/ 5.5 bs which seems to be a real popular size but I was nervous about any rubbing. I figured I could be more comforable with the 17x 8 and not have to worry when my triplets come along with me.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
Those look good Carl, what are the sizes and back spacing? What do you have for springs front and rear?

I think that's the look I will be after.

Joe

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
275/40/17's on 17 x 9.5 x 5.5" bs. all four corners.

Front springs are Landrum 700 #/in, rear are Guldstrand Slalom.

All the suspension info is on my website. The lead picture on my website has the old 16" VWW with 245f/255r 50 series tires.

·
Registered
521 Posts
275/40/17's on 17 x 9.5 x 5.5" bs. all four corners.
Any rubbing front or rear?
Can you carry passengers without rubbing?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Carl love that stance. Question regarding the tires. Was the limiting factor in the front the actual arm or just the adjustability of the bumpstop on the new arm. I actually modified my lower arms and made an adjustable stop on them. Just curious before I order wheels. Just like everyone else going through that rim fitment problems. Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts