Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several posts here and I want to run this by anyone who is in the know to see if my assumption is correct. I'm in the process of putting my resto Camaro back together. Right now I'm installing the various harnesses, headlights, tailights, etc. However not all is back together yet including dash, gauges, courtesy lights, etc.

Of course I like to try out stuff as I'm putting it together and I'm noticing the tailight, turn/brake lights are acting very, very strange.

Everything worked when removed, and based on what I have read, the system need everything hooked up and grounded properly including gauge and dash lamps, indicator lights, etc for all to work as it should. So am I worrying too soon? Should I wait until the entire system is back in and hooked up before I test and fret? Just looking for a little confirmation to put my worries as ease.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Well what do you mean by strange?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The left rear turn signal light stays on, but goes off if I turn on the signal switch to the right. With the lights on, the left side works fine but to the right only the front works. No brake lights. Plus more...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wasn't aware of a ground near the trunk lock. That may be my problem. Anyone have a photo of where this goes so I can be near correct with placement etc.

Thanks for the tip Pro Street.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
Look at the trunk lock holder bracket.There should be a screw hole for the bracket that holds the lock on the right side. There`s also a hole on the opposite side ( drivers ) towards the top of the bracket which should be for the ground screw. Just look for the screw holes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts