Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn't sleep very well last night so I went to the garage and installed the new engine and light harnesses for my 69 Z with gauges. Went in great. Took my time and spent a couple of hours working. Checked the books on occasion, but really didn't need them.

The question I have is in regards to the voltage regulator. I have the correct part number and dated piece and was wondering what bolt hole does the condenser fit to and what is the small screw for that is on the side where the part number and date is stamped? Ground? :confused:

·
Super Moderator
32,349 Posts
The small screw is for securing the condenser. The ground gets attached to a mounting bolt. You notice the regulator is bolted to rubber expansion nuts, so, ground wire gets attached to one of them.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. Now I know that I need some other items to correct the mounting. My voltage regulater is currently bolted metal to metal with no rubber insulators and the condenser holder is bolted to voltage regulater bolt that bolts to the radiator. I'm wondering if i even have the right holder for the condenser. The smaller screw will definately not work with the bigger hole in the condenser holder.

·
Super Moderator
32,349 Posts
Could be the condenser holder gets bolted to one of the regulator mounting bolts. I'll check Rosie tonight.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
The small screw is for mounting the capacitor to the regulator, and is also used for the ground wire to the firewall. The wire from the capacitor gets connected to a terminal on the regulator. The ground wire connects with the small screw at the regulator, and is grounded to the firewall along with the LH headlight ground.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The condenser is already "PLUGGED" in where it belongs but it was bolted to one of the mounting legs of the voltage regulator. I ordered the missing pieces and all should be back to normal soon.

Thanks for the info KYVOX.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts