Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has seen them side by side to know the differences, if any. Particularly the color diffenece of the grey centers and design. From what I understand the V45 is a copy of the TTD. If it's exact or pretty damn close it'd be great. I don't care to wait or pay the extra money for AAR to make a set of 16x8 4.5" backspaced TTDs.

I have a set of 16x8 4" backspaced TTDs on the car now. The only backspacing the 16x8 comes in according to the AAR website, last I checked, is 4". The fronts rub on hard cornering and bumps, it gets worse when I have a passenger. And I was thinking that since the 16x8 V45s come in a 4.5" backspacing that'd take care of the rub issue.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I don't think the color of the center spoke section is the same, but it's still a very nice wheel. I had a set on my old 68 and most people thought they were 15" wheels so it made the car look good but gave the advantage of better tires/handling.

·
Retired
26,617 Posts
I wouldn't mix and match, the Vintage have a much higher polished rim and the spokes are a bit different where they attach to the rim as well are not the same finish. I even think the lip of the rim is different on the two...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I wouldn't mix and match, the Vintage have a much higher polished rim and the spokes are a bit different where they attach to the rim as well are not the same finish. I even think the lip of the rim is different on the two...
Thanks, that's the kind of info I was looking for.

OK, well back to square one.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Here's a picture of a 68 I had with the 16x8 V45's with some 245/50/16 up front and 255/50/16 in the rear. These were blems that I got a discount on. It was amazing how good the car handled with these wheels/tires, some new leaf springs from JC Whitney and NAPA shocks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts