Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen a walnut sport steering wheel come factory equiped on a 69 camaro? I know rosewood was the official wheel, but I have heard thet a few came with the walnut wheels. Anyone out there have one? Thanks

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
It would be a pretty safe assumption that the optional woodgrained plastic wheel was the 67-68 style on early production 69's. I was under the impression that it was documented.

-Mark.

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
The '69 walnut wheel is not the same as the '67-'68 walnut wheel. It is dimensionally the same as the '69 rosewood.

Many years ago I had a 12A '69 with a rosewood, a friend had a 11C '69 with a walnut wheel. The change was made somewhere between those dates.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think I have a 69 walnut wheel. What are the dimension differences that separate a 69 wheel from a 67-68 wheel? I know that the mounting hubs are different for 67-68 and 69. I have the 69 hub which seems to have been there from the very begining. Thanks again

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The 67-68 wheels have more of a dish to them than the 69 wheels. It's hard for me to see it with the wheels on the car, but it's obvious when you set them side-by-side.

[This message has been edited by gheatly (edited 09-24-2002).]

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Plastic. Didn't the Corvette get a real Teak wheel in the late 60s or was it plastic too?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts