Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I purchased a set of re-pop bumpers last summer at the Chevy Nationals and finally got the SS restoration to the point where the bodyman is ready to install. They do not fit and are basically crap. I should have just had the old ones rechromed, now it is getting too late with the start of the show season.

Anyway, does anybody have a set FOR SALE?

Thanks.

·
11,410 Posts
Don, You are near both Carlisle and E-town swap meets. Since I am close to the E-town swap meet, I just bring my cores to the bumper boys and exchange them. Spring E-town is in April, if you can wait that long. I have a set of used ones, but they are not show quality. You should really call ahead and reserve a set if that is the way you are going to go.

·
Premium Member
4,817 Posts
How are bumper boyz? I need a new bumper for my truck. My camaro repros also are a bit wavy.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Don -

If you want to try to get your originals redone, you should call Todd Librandi and see what their turnaround time is right now. They do nice work, and their prices aren't terrible.

Librandi”s Plating. 93 Airport Drive. Middletown, PA 17057. 717-944-9442

You could try the Maple Grove swap meet tomorrow or Sunday, but I dobut you'll find show quality there.

·
11,410 Posts
The bumper boyz ones look good, very little issues (they open them up and get you approved when you buy them at the shows). I have not mounted them to the car, but they look like rechromed originals. What I worry about is people exchanging repros soon and the originals will filter out of the cycle!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys for all the replies and helpful information. Todd Librandi currently has a 12 to 14 week turnaround. Ouch. I will never have them in time for Carlisle. I plan to contact Tri-city Monday and see what they can do for me. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I contacted tri-city on the 26th of Feb. They priced me $220 each to chrome my front or rear bumper for my 69. $40 each for the bumper guards. And they said their current turnaround time was 8-10 weeks.

Let me know what they tell you.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey ck2. I talked to Tri-city yesterday, I was quoted the same numbers. Will most likely be checking them out at Carlisle next month.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts