Team Camaro Tech banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a '69 Z28 that lost its complete drivetrain after being wrecked in the late 70s to early 80s. The original drivetrain went into another Camaro that was later wrecked and fatally injuring the owner... drivetrain never to be seen again. The first car is very buildable and I would like to find a date correct C BU rear.

Must be: C BU assembled 4 to 6 weeks before 10/14/69. Obviously the closer to 10/14 the better!

Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
1968 Camaro
8 Posts
I purchased a '69 Z28 that lost its complete drivetrain after being wrecked in the late 70s to early 80s. The original drivetrain went into another Camaro that was later wrecked and fatally injuring the owner... drivetrain never to be seen again. The first car is very buildable and I would like to find a date correct C BU rear.

Must be: C BU assembled 4 to 6 weeks before 10/14/69. Obviously the closer to 10/14 the better!

Thanks, Dave
I am swapping out my rear differential soon with a new Moser unit. Is there a tag on my rear diff that I can check these numbers you are wanting? I can see if my can come close for you.
jim

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
I have a BN coded 12 bolt that has new clutch packs, axles seals and brand new rear disc brakes 4:11 gears and moser cover i myself am going to start the moser swap soon so this rear willbe available

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am swapping out my rear differential soon with a new Moser unit. Is there a tag on my rear diff that I can check these numbers you are wanting? I can see if my can come close for you.
jim
Line Font Microphone Auto part Elbow

I copied this drawing from the CRG site. This shows the location of the casting number and the stamped assembly date. I need a late '69 12 bolt that has casting # 3969341 and was assembled close to but before C BU1014 (Oct 14, 1969). The "C BU" (axle ratio code) will precede the 4 number date. The "C" will be spaced a little to the left of the "BU" and may be peened over or not there at all.
Thanks, Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thanks, Dave
Did you find a rear end for your Z?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts