Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Craig,
It should be attached to your wiper motor. There is a little motor/pump thing under a plastic cover and a white plastic part that is exposed with three small tubes coming off of it.
Sorry, I don't have a picture. Try using the search function on this site.
Doug

·
Premium Member
8,375 Posts
Here's a look at my 69 RS system;

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I believe the pump is available aftermarket, although the hose barbs are black. On virtually every original one I have seen, the white plastic is yellowed, and quite brittle. If it turns out your washer pump is missing, and you want a yellowed one, PM me and I will look.

I watched ebay for a year or two before I found an NOS one that was reasonably priced. I think mine was listed for a Nova.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
NOS washer pumps for 68/69 show up on EBay with some regularity. It's the 67's that are harder to find. Yes, the 68/69 is a bolt-on replacement for the 67 model, but they are shaped differently. For those where originlity matters, be advised. The white nozzle heads are not that hard to come by either.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Mark, maybe my idea of "reasonable" is different than yours. :)

The white rebuild kit is readily available, and pretty cheap. However, the original washers have a white base, too, and that's not so available. I had bought a white rebuild kit, and was planning to put it on my yellowed base, if I was not able to find the whole assembly. Actually, I what I bought on ebay was the NOS wiper motor assembly, which included the washer pump.

·
Premium Member
835 Posts
Mark, maybe my idea of "reasonable" is different than yours. :)
Unreal, I doubt our definitions of "reasonable" are too far apart, but I've given up on trying to make judgement calls on what others are willing to pay for NOS parts for 30+ year old cars. Plastic washer caps were routinely going for over $35 not too long ago. Try to find an NOS battery tray for under $100, an NOS package tray for under $200, NOS antennas, cigarette lighters, noise supression capacitors, etc. - the list goes on and on. Some guys are willing to pay big bucks for just the right part. Occasionally I am one of those guys. You are right though, with eBay sometimes you have to be patient and wait a log time. Or find the part under a different category. Radiator caps for 67-69 Camaros and Firebirds always sell for way more than the exact same thing listed under 67-69 Chevy Station Wagons, for example.

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I saw an NOS washer assembly on ebay the other day for $25...of course, bidding was not over yet, so who knows.

I hear you on the battery tray. Mine is NOS, (got it with the car) but if I had known the value ahead of time, I might have been tempted to sell the NOS and install a repop.

I also had an NOS Z bar, which I made Non-NOS by removing the sticker and repainting it. It was a s/b one, so I ended up not using it anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts