Team Camaro Tech banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen where guys say they help avoid hot spots in the rear of the heads when you run the hoses to the rear of the intake,,, then there's the guys who say just the opposite. Is there any benefit to adding the spacer and not running the lines to the back of the intake?

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Are you driving on the street? If so then you need to connect the back of the head to the outlet and be sure it is also connected side to side (on a stock 400 cube SBC block I plumb the coolant from the water heater outlet on the water pump directly into the side of the block(boring a hole and tapping it) between the two cylinders with paired exhaust (middle) pipes to reduce heat at that location.

If you have an over bored long stroke block that is half full of concrete; and you have to do a prolonged burn out to build engine heat then you do not.

Big Dave

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you driving on the street? If so then you need to connect the back of the head to the outlet and be sure it is also connected side to side (on a stock 400 cube SBC block I plumb the coolant from the water heater outlet on the water pump directly into the side of the block(boring a hole and tapping it) between the two cylinders with paired exhaust (middle) pipes to reduce heat at that location.

If you have an over bored long stroke block that is half full of concrete; and you have to do a prolonged burn out to build engine heat then you do not.

Big Dave
Mild 454 street cruiser

1 - 4 of 4 Posts